Support Services for Those in the Sex Trade SHIFT CALGARY
Utilizing harm reduction and rights based approach, Shift works with adults involved in the sex industry, to reach individual goals and improve quality of life. We respect the choice of people who choose to work in the sex trade, and we can assist you in working safer by providing:
- - free safer sex supplies: condoms, lube, dental dams, female condoms
- - information
- - support
- - advocacy
- - non-judgment counseling
- - assistance with child-welfare matters
- - legal support and information
- - escort / massage / dancer licensing information
- - HIV / STI testing information and referrals
- - housing / addictions / mental health / financial assistance
- - support group and social events
Our program is not exit based; therefore, exiting is not a requirement to access our services. We recognize that for many, sex work is a choice. Our services are non-judgmental, free to access, and barrier free.
You can contact Shift by dropping in at the Calgary Cares Centre, or by giving Janine or Catharine a call. We are open Monday to Friday from 8:30am-12:30pm and 1:30pm-4:30pm. Drop-ins are not available on Mondays, but telephone support is available.
Calgary Cares Centre
110 – 1603 10th Avenue SW Calgary
Telephone: (403) 237-8171
You are welcome to read our blog at http://www.shiftcalgary.blogspot.com/ and visit our website at http://www.shiftcalgary.org/ for more information.